1) She’s a sweet heart — she says “I love you” all the time… with “beary much” pa! When she’s done something wrong, she’d often times have a hard-headed front. But after awhile, she’ll say “Solly Mommy.” If I don’t give in to her sorry, she’ll keep saying it with the sweetest paglalambing “cge na mommy, solly”
2) A copycat – One time, I asked “whats that sound?” when I heard the frogs croaking. Now everytime she hears a new sound, she keeps on saying “wassasound, mommy, wassasound?”
She mimicks what I say. I always tell her this when she wants to borrow my laptop and I’m working: “Wait only, I am doing something” or “Mommy is working, you wait.”
One time, when she finally had my laptop, I asked what she was doing. To my surprise she said “em (I’m) doing something, I’m wolking (working)” sabay type kunwari. LOL
Same with what I do. When I scold her, I always say “That’s not nice, don’t say that okay?” There was one instance when my mom was making cat sounds “meow” in an attempt to scare her and force her to sleep. They were both lying already. What she did was, stood from the bed, walked to my mom and said “mama, don’t say that okay? …okay?” with a thumbs up sign for the “okay”. Hai, di mo kaya mainis eh. Its just plain cute.
3) Pasalubongs & lollipops are her antidote – since I haven’t posted this and she’s already on her 2 years 7th month as of editing — update on this is that she wouldn’t take lollipops nor junk food anymore. Very good for her and her teeth. She still loves pasalubongs, but she hesitates if its candies/lollipop or junk food. Mommy says no. Yay, good job here.
4) She’s such a happy kid, always smiling, jumping and happy – Every morning, she would come up to me “Hi Mommy good morning” with a very happy face.
5) When she cries, she does it to the fullest. With the salampak (lying) on the floor, wagging
feet body, and wailing like crazy. She does this when a) she poops and she doesn’t want to wash b) she doesn’t want to leave the shower **Update: at 2.7, she doesn’t cry that way anymore. Mapilit pa rin but she no longer does the lupasay on the floor.
6) She’s very mapilit, you have to be creative to lull her to another topic to keep her mind off what she wants.
7) She loves to watch Barney and Elmo at YouTube on my notebook **Update: at 2.7 her favorite is Strawberry Shortcake.
8) She does this thing with her eyes — angry look but at the end will smile
9) She loves french fries!! She can finish McDonalds large fries plus orange juice. That is her staple order
10) She can say a lot of things already, two to three words, sometimes even a complete sentence. She just talks fast (like me!), “wassasound” means “whats that sound”
11) When you ask her not to do things, this is what she’ll do and say: “No ganyan oh, no ganyan mommy” with the act of doing the bawal. Like for example I said “be careful with the stick you might poke your eye.” She’ll say “no ganyan oh (then pokes her eye), no ganyan”
All the time yun.
Like “no putting powder on the floor”. Then she’ll say she understood it by “yes. no ganyan oh, (sits down and does exactly what i told her no to!) no ganyan.”
She’s telling me visually what not to do, but in the process she’s doing it. Nyeee.
I thank the Lord for a very healthy, happy, active and smart baby. I used to say naiinip ako ang tagal magsalita, now, at 2.7 months, she is so talkative! She wants all my attention.